Quantcast

PreCentral: Remote access your TouchPad files with Gemini File Manager

Gemini access remote

link hidden, please login to view
, by Oma Studios, is a fully featured File Manager that allows you to access to your TouchPad's USB drive, giving you the ability to copy, move, delete and view all your files. It also offers a whole lot more than that, such as hooks into Dropbox and Box.net to access all your files in those services. But what you may not be aware of is that it also has a "Remote" feature that lets you browse all your files from any devices connected to the same Wi-Fi network that has a web browser, including other webOS phones or TouchPads. From there, you can download or view any file, all wirelessly, while still having full access to your TouchPad (unlike when plugging it in to your computer and accessing )

To access Remote mode, just open up Gemini, tap the "Remote" tab on the top of the screen, and then press the "Start Server" button (if desired, you can change the Port as well). Once you tap that button, a web address will be given to you that will allow you to access your files. Once you are done, simply tap the "End Service" button.

Note that there is no security options for accessing your files once you start the remote server. So, make sure that you are aware of who else may be on the same Wi-Fi network and who may know the IP address for your device.

is available in the webOS App Catalog for $2.99 and is compatible with all webOS devices running webOS 3.0 or higher.

mf.gif

a2t.imggF6HwXTzMqo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By mahdialborzi
      [LG] WebOS TV SJ850V ساخت کره 07/2017
      نسخه نرم افزار قدیمی 06.00.05 است
      از درگاه وای فای بروزرسانی نمی‌شود پس نساز به فایل برای بروزرسانی با فلش مموری کارت دارم.
      برای به روز رسانی این تلویزیون به هر نرم افزار و نرم افزار یا درایور راه اندازی جدید و غیره نیاز دارم برای بهترین روز رسانی 
      لطفا کمکم کن ید

• By delos
      Hey everyone,
      I'm new here, so first of all, hello I'm delos.
      I own two LG OLED55G19 TVs, one at home and one elsewhere. At home, I have a QNAP NAS (TS451) with DLNA functionality. Accessing it at home works great.
      The "Home" and "External" networks are connected via VPN. Thus, both networks have different network addresses.
      Now I want to access the home network from the external network with the LG via VPN in order to integrate the DLNA server. The LG doesn't "see" the external server because it's not in the same network. However, I wonder why you can't just enter the IP address of the server in the LG.
      Does anyone have a solution?

Many greetings
      delos
    • By Puja aingh
      Respected LG TEAM
           KINDLY SHORT OUT MY LG WEBOS LED TV MODEL NO IS 33LK628BPTF MY ISSUE IS EVERY TIME RESTART MY TV BECAUSE I OPEN ANY APP AND WATCH ANYTHING SUDDENLY RESTART MY TV AND SHOW FREE UP YOUR STORAGE AND RESTART YOUR SYSTEM      HOW CAN I FREE UP MY SPACE  PLEASE SOLVE MY PROBLEM
    • By David Daul
      My magic remote and my Roku remote stopped working for turning off power so I performed a factory reset after troubleshooting to get the remote working.  I am now stuck at the 1st screen of the Factory Reset which says "Press the OK Button(wheel) on your remote."  Well... this really stinks because the remote doesn't work!!!  I have tried a USB mouse, a new magic remote, other LG Remotes with no luck.  I have also tried using the button on the bottom of the tv.  And, I contacted support which was just an exercise in redoing everything I had already tried... No Luck!!
      This is a Nano Cell 55NANO81ANA which is basically just a big brick now since I cannot even use any of the inputs.  Does anyone have a trick for getting past this initial screen???
      Thanks for the help.
    • By Jim11787
      New OLED C3. New setup and I can’t change channels using tv magic remote- I have to use set top box remote. Verified setup with LG tech today and it is correct. Upon him checking for solutions he said there is a software bug that is not allowing the magic remote to change channels. Stated a fix is in works but doesn’t know when it will be available. Asked for a supervisor and was told one would call back in a few hours but they didn’t. I can return the tv now but was wondering if others are having this issue and for how long. I don’t want to get stuck with a tv with multiple remotes.