Quantcast

PreCentral: preNotes: Photo FunMobile Nations podcast 17: Tasty hardware profits

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Gin
      I use my (fantastic) 65 inch OLED TVs to present my HD photos, which I stream from my NAS using your Photo & Video utility.
      However, the Photos change far too quickly - even when set to SLOW.  It starts loading the next photo as soon as the current photo is presented.  This makes it unusable for events as it becomes too distracting.
      My wish is that the SPEED would be linked to TIME.  For example: FAST would change photos every 10 seconds, MEDIUM every 60 seconds. SLOW every 600 seconds.
      Some more interesting TRANSITIONS would be also be appreciated.
    • By Spam Bucket
      I like this app because I can simultaneously stream music and show photos from my DLNA server.  However the photo display part of the app has annoying limitations. It is unable to traverse the subdirectories of the server or randomize the photo selection. So I went to all the trouble of creating links to 42,000 images in a single directory and randomizing the file names. Now the new limitation is will only display the first 200 images and loop back to the first. All the files are viewable as thumbnails in the directory and if I select image 201 it will start there and select the sequential list of the next 200.  Any work arounds available for this?
    • By Hale
      I have an old LG55UB8500. It is 4K, but not HDR itself. If I am not mistaken, top models were HDR capable.
      Anyway, recently I tried checking it with X-rite calibrator, and discovered that the RGB colorant points have EXACTLY the sRGB CIE values, which is actually an amazing thing. Most PC monitors have significant deviations from sRGB or any other colorants, even between the panel revisions. I guess, that is because the panel gamut is software-restricted in order to conform the standard exactly, ensuring the correct multimedia representation, and separating it from HDR market.
      But since I use it generally with PC, and have a calibrator, there is a question. Is it possible to remove the sRGB restriction, and use the full range of the panel primaries?
    • By News Reporter
      LG’s Labor Union Among NGOs Singled Out for Promoting UN’s Aims and Purposes

SEOUL, Jan. 18, 2022 — Unionized workers at LG Electronics (LG) in South Korea have been conferred special consultative status by the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC) for their efforts to prioritize ESG in the workplace. Being the first Korean labor union to be awarded such status with the UN is testament to the LG’s prioritization and continued dedication to union social responsibility (USR), a key component of the company’s commitment to ESG management.
      Consultative status is granted by ECOSOC upon recommendation by the Committee on NGOs, which is composed of 19 member states all who must demonstrate that their work has direct relevance to the aims and purposes of the United Nations. The recognition allows non-governmental organizations (NGOs) access to the many subsidiaries of the ECOSOC and the human rights expertise of the UN. Since the LG Electronics Union Social Responsibility Charter was introduced in 2010, LG assembly plant workers worldwide have signed on to the organization’s vision.
      While ESG evokes images of the environment and volunteerism in most people’s minds, how a company treats its employees, one of its most important stakeholder groups, is a critical component of an organization’s ESG performance. According to
      link hidden, please login to view, companies that score high in employee satisfaction and their ability to attract good talent have significantly higher ESG scores than other organizations. “We are of course extremely proud of the recognition bestowed upon us by the UN for our efforts to fulfill our responsibilities to our members, society and the environment,” said Bae Sang-ho, the head of LG Electronics’ Union. “We are committed to leveraging this honor to encourage other unions to expand their own USR activities.”
      # # #

• By kevin knauss
      The symbolic link within the PC's Pictures  folder is displayed by the LG Webos Photo app as a folder, but when clicked, the app says that the device is not connected. The existing folders under Pictures on the PC do work using the LG Webos Photo app. The symbolic link works properly on the PC itself, so it's not a problem with creating it using mklink. Any ideas? Thanks.